Top 7 Spring Break Beauty Bests
“It’s my firm belief that when it comes to making someone feel as beautiful on the outside as on the inside, the possibilities are endless,” says Janelle Alexis Flatt. The master stylist – who began working in salons at the mere age of 12 – debuted her own establishment, Janelle Alexis Salon, in 2017.
The tony Tanglewood salon boasts an extensive, well-heeled client list, not to mention a team of coveted stylists and makeup pros.“My main objective,” she says, “is to use my expertise, knowledge, and extensive work with hair and makeup in cosmetology to deliver an elite experience for each client using the latest techniques and applications learned through ongoing training, while also providing my team education opportunities. I believe I have achieved these goals.”
Here, the beautiful beautician shares her Spring Break Beauty Bests.
1. “I’ve been a lash extension girl for years. Even at the beach, they have amazing staying power. With no mascara, there’s no worries of mascara streaks and I still look great in pictures. Just be sure to get lashes done 48 hours before your trip!”
2. “Airbrush tanning is always a part of my pre-trip routine. I love the magical ways it can camouflage blemishes or cellulite, even highlighting features – something spray booths can’t.”
3. “You need to understand smoothing treatments like Keratherapy are fantastic for all hair types. Especially when heading into humidity. For super curly ladies, like me, it offers maximum curl reduction. And gets rid of frizz for anyone. It’s my choice because there’s no downtime; shampoo the same day!”
4. “As for makeup, I love The Perfect Face Cosmetics and use their make-up almost exclusively. For day-time, stick to the Mineral Foundation in Cream – it’s a foundation, powder, concealer, and sunscreen all in one. At night, add Shimmer Pigment in Adorned to eyes with aptly named Beach Baby Bronzer.”
5. “I can’t stress this enough, religiously get hair wet with tap water before and after taking a dip. This makes hair less likely to absorb harmful salt water or chlorine. Use Kevin.Murphy’s Killer.Waves to bring out those waves and build volume, then either hand scrunch or pull into a chic bun. Here's a how-to video from the man himself.
6. “If you’re into more of a polished look, a braid finished off with a cute accessory, hat, or scarf is the best way to keep you looking beach chic all day long.”
7. “Once home, it’s time to repair sun and chlorine damage with my fave Calura Gloss. This gloss restores dull color, gives brittle hair a much-needed deep conditioner, as well as starts rebuilding hair from within to improve strength and elasticity.“ Book your appointment online before you jet off!
Read more on janellealexissalon.com/blog