Did you read last week's interview with Janelle? Go check out our Q&A with her on finding the best beauty pro for your big day.
To ensure our lovelies are perfectly ready for hair and makeup, all of our glam contracts have a tip sheet. Its not just what to do the day of but also contains a timeline of when to do everything (tanning, waxing, facials) following up to the big day!
Below is a timeline for all things beauty before your big day.
Leading up to your appointment:
- Book your makeup and hair artists 1-3 months in advance.
- At one month out, head to your hair and makeup trial with inspiration in hand, the more pictures (Pinterest), the easier. You may also need to get other services like color or hair extensions done.
- Have waxing and facials done 7-10 days prior to give time for the red, irritation or burning to settle.
- If you are getting lash extensions, make sure to get them done a couple of times before to make sure you are not allergic to the glue. If putting on lashes we provide strips and individual clusters.
- At least 3 days before: Book an airbrush tan. And make sure to moisturize and shave beforehand. Do NOT try to get a last-minute tan from the sun or a tanning bed. You could be red, in pain, and even peeling which does not allow makeup to be smooth. If you are doing a beach destination, do all your excursions after the wedding. Do really want a burn on your wedding day?
- The day before, make sure to moisturize your face and lips to ensure no dry skin!
On the big day:
- Exfoliate your skin on the day(s) of the appointment.
- Come wearing a white button down or white robe, the white reflects off the light and compliments the color choices of the makeup.
- Come with CLEAN DRY hair. Do not wash your hair the day of the appointment unless necessary. This way they can work with your natural oils.
- If airbrush makeup is being applied, do not apply any acne medication, eye cream, etc. the day of. We would like a dry and clean face.
- Bring your own lipstick etc. if touch ups are needed and especially if the makeup crew will not be staying on site.
We hope this helps! Have any tips we missed? Let us know in the comments below.